Alistair Overeem News
Alistair Overeem receives 12 month suspension for failed drug test, win over Badr Hari overturned to a no-contest
Cole Shelton - March 14, 2023
Alistair Overeem reportedly in-talks to compete in ONE Championship openweight Muay Thai Grand Prix
Josh Evanoff - January 12, 2023
Alistair Overeem tests positive for banned substance following Glory return
Harry Kettle - November 21, 2022
Glory Collision 4 Results: Alistair Overeem defeats Badr Hari (Video)
Chris Taylor - October 8, 2022
Alistair Overeem and Badr Hari detail how they were able to bury the hatchet ahead of trilogy fight at Glory: Collision 4
Susan Cox - October 7, 2022
Alistair Overeem and Badr Hari have detailed how they were able to bury the hatchet ahead of trilogy fight at Glory: Collision 4. Glory: Collision 4 takes place this Saturday, October 8th at the GelreDome in Arnhem, Netherlands.
Alistair Overeem gives retirement timeline, reveals if he'll fight in MMA again: "I'm very thankful"
Josh Evanoff - October 3, 2022
Former UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem’s combat sports career is coming to a close. ‘The Demolition Man’ has been out of action since his showdown with Alexander Volkov in February 2021. In that bout, Overeem was dominated, and lost by second-round knockout. The defeat snapped a two-fight winning streak for the 42-year-old.
Alistair Overeem explains move to pro wrestling after previously trashing the profession
Harry Kettle - June 27, 2022
Alistair Overeem has explained why he’s decided to venture into professional wrestling after previously trashing it as “fake”. While many expected Alistair Overeem to focus his attention on Glory and his long-awaited return to kickboxing in the next few years, the MMA legend has other plans.
Alistair Overeem confirms his MMA career isn't over, but not interested in fighting Fedor Emelianenko: "I don't really think it's good"
Josh Evanoff - June 1, 2022
Former UFC title challenger Alistair Overeem has confirmed he’s not done inside the cage. However, he’s also not currently aiming to fight fellow legend Fedor Emelianenko right now. Overeem last competed in February of last year, getting stopped by Alexander Volkov. Following the defeat, the 42-year-old was released from the UFC. Despite interest from Bellator, he decided to sign with Glory Kickboxing.
Alistair Overeem reveals he's injured, out of Rico Verhoeven GLORY kickboxing match
Adam D Martin - October 6, 2021
Former UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem revealed that he is injured and out of the upcoming Rico Verhoeven GLORY kickboxing match. Overeem was set to return to the kickboxing ring against Verhoeven on October 23, but the fight will no longer go down as planned. According to “The Demolition Man,” he has been dealing with an injury for a month. Unfortunately, he has had to pull out of the fight as he is now 100% healthy. Check out the full written statement from Overeem below.
Alistair Overeem admits that he wanted to finish his career in the UFC
Adam D Martin - September 22, 2021
Heavyweight MMA legend Alistair Overeem admitted that he wanted to finish his career in the UFC, but he won’t be getting that opportunity. Following a knockout loss to Alexander Volkov earlier this year, the UFC decided to release Overeem from its roster. At age 41, he is getting up there in age, and with a big salary as well, the UFC decided to let him go. Overeem ended up signing with GLORY kickboxing and he will fight Rico Verhoeven next. However, he wishes that he was still in the UFC.
Alistair Overeem says Fedor Emelianenko declined to fight him in Bellator and Strikeforce
Adam D Martin - August 25, 2021
Heavyweight great Alistair Overeem says that fellow legend Fedor Emelianenko declined to fight him in Bellator not to mention in Strikeforce. Overeem became a free agent following a knockout loss to Alexander Volkov earlier this year in the UFC. “The Demolition Man” was open to signing with different promotions and had talks with Bellator about potentially fighting Emelianenko, but the fight didn’t end up getting booked, and Emelianenko instead chose Tim Johnson to fight. For his part, Overeem decided that he will take a break from MMA for now and re-joined GLORY.
Alistair Overeem weighs in on the pro wrestling returns of Brock Lesnar and CM Punk: 'It’s fake. It’s lame. It’s stupid. It’s gay'
Drake Riggs - August 23, 2021
Alistair Overeem is not a fan of professional wrestling. On Monday, the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion and UFC title challenger shared his thoughts on the pro wrestling returns of crossover stars Phil “CM Punk” Brooks and past opponent, Brock Lesnar.
Alistair Overeem shares cryptic video following release from the UFC, returns to kickboxing
Adam D Martin - June 8, 2021
Scott Coker very interested in signing Alistair Overeem or Junior dos Santos to fight Fedor Emelianenko
Cole Shelton - April 1, 2021
Scott Coker likes the idea of signing Alistair Overeem or Junior dos Santos to fight Fedor Emelianenko. After Emelinaneko beat Rampage Jackson in December of 2019, the plan was to have his farewell tour be in 2020. However, due to the pandemic, the Russian didn’t get a chance to fight, but according to Scott Coker, he says the MMA legend will fight sometime in the next couple of months,
Francis Ngannou sends Alistair Overeem a message following UFC release
Chris Taylor - March 6, 2021
Francis Ngannou sent his former opponent Alistair Overeem a message after hearing news of his UFC release. Earlier this week it was announced that the former DREAM and Strikeforce heavyweight champion, Overeem (47-19 MMA), had been released by the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
BKFC "interested" in Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem, have already reached out to their teams
Cole Shelton - March 5, 2021
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship is looking to add Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem to their heavyweight roster. It was recently revealed both dos Santos and Overeem were removed from the heavyweight ranks. Shortly thereafter, it was reported both men were released from the promotion and they both confirmed the news on their social media.
Dana White shares his thoughts on the UFC's release of heavyweights Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos
Christopher Taylor - March 4, 2021
UFC President Dana White has shared his thoughts on the promotions recent release of heavyweight standouts Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos. Earlier this week fight fans were left shocked after news broke that the Ultimate Fighting Championship had parted ways with two of it’s biggest heavyweight draws in ‘The Reem’ and ‘JDS’.
RIZIN boss interested in "working with" Alistair Overeem
Tom Taylor - March 4, 2021
RIZIN CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara is interested in working with heavyweight mixed martial arts legend Alistair Overeem. Overeem, the former DREAM, Strikeforce and K-1 heavyweight champion, has spent the recent years of his illustrious career fighting for the UFC, but was released by the promotion earlier this week.
UFC parts ways with Alistair Overeem
Cole Shelton - March 3, 2021
Alistair Overeem is no longer a UFC fighter. On Wednesday, it was revealed both Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem were removed from the rankings. Now, according to Combate, the UFC has parted ways with Overeem.
Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos have been removed from the UFC rankings
Cole Shelton - March 3, 2021
Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos have been removed from the UFC heavyweight ranks. With the rankings being updated every Tuesday, fans were waiting to see if any major changes would take place. Although UFC Vegas 20 shouldn’t have changed up much of the ranks, the heavyweight division saw some notable change as Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos were removed from the rankings.
Derrick Lewis says he "wants a piece" of Alistair Overeem before he retires
Cole Shelton - February 18, 2021
Derrick Lewis still hopes he gets the chance to fight Alistair Overeem. For years now, it appeared Lewis and Overeem were on a collision course, leading to the two trash-talking one another. However, for whatever reasons, the fight was never made and with Overeem’s fighting future uncertain, Lewis makes it clear he wants that fight to happen.
Alexander Volkov explains why he was starstruck being in the cage with Alistair Overeem
Adam Martin - February 11, 2021
What's next for Alexander Volkov and Alistair Overeem after UFC Vegas 18?
Cole Shelton - February 8, 2021
In the main event of UFC Vegas 18, Alexander Volkov took on combat sports legend, Alistair Overeem. Both men were looking to cement themselves as top-five heavyweights and it was Volkov who took that next step. Ultimately, it was the Russian who won the fight by second-round TKO as he pieced up Overeem and rocked him several times.
Alistair Overeem issues statement following TKO loss to Alexander Volkov at UFC Vegas 18
Adam D Martin - February 7, 2021
UFC heavyweight contender Alistair Overeem issued a statement following his TKO loss on Saturday night to Alexander Volkov at UFC Vegas 18. Overeem suffered a brutal second-round TKO defeat at the hands of Volkov, who had arguably the best performance of his career to date as he systematically decimated Overeem with pin-point accurate striking and unbelievable power. For Overeem, this loss snapped a two-fight winning streak for the veteran, and it puts into question whether or not “one final run” at the UFC heavyweight title is even possible at this point. Had Overeem won this fight, another run for the belt would have been realistic. But after suffering such a brutal loss at age 40, you have to wonder about his future.