Conor McGregor fans are all anxiously awaiting to hear what will come next for the current UFC lightweight champion. Coming off his professional boxing debut where he lost to Floyd Mayweather by TKO in the 10th round, many are expecting to see “The Notorious” defend his UFC title in the Octagon.
Last week, UFC President Dana White addressed rumors that McGregor was in talks with the WWE for a wrestling match in 2018. White showed a text message conversation that he had with Vince McMahon that debunked any of that talk.
On Sunday, White spoke with the Pardon My Take podcast and shot down once again the rumor of McGregor’s next fight being the rubber match with Nate Diaz.
“No, that’s not true,” White said (transcribed by Ken Pishna for MMA Weekly). “Not true. It has literally not even been talked about.”
“(Croke Parke) sounds great, but it’s probably going to be Tony Ferguson in Las Vegas,” White said. “But we do want to do Croke Park. The reason we haven’t done Croke Park with Conor is because we can’t get it done over there. They have a curfew on what time you got to be out of there and noise ordinances.”
With Tony Ferguson now holding the UFC interim lightweight championship title, it makes complete sense why Dana is pushing for that fight to happen to unify the belts. Conor has addressed Ferguson in a recent social media post, simply stating his name in the caption.
Do you think we will see Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson unify the titles next? Let’s get your prediction in the comment section on how that fight goes!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 10/16/2017.