Alexander Hernandez is looking to return to the win column in Las Vegas on Halloween.
Multiple sources have told BJPENN.com that Hernandez will take on Chris Gruetzemacher on October 31.
Hernandez is coming off a TKO loss to Drew Dober back in May, marking his second loss in three fights. The 28-year-old stormed onto the scene with a short-notice 42-second knockout win over Beneil Dariush. He then followed that up with a decision win over Olivier Aubin-Mercier to go 2-0. Hernandez then welcomed Donald Cerrone back to the lightweight division and suffered the first loss of his career as “Cowboy” TKO’d him in the second round. He also has a win over Francisco Trinaldo.
Chris Gruetzemacher, meanwhile, has not fought since 2018 at UFC 223 when he TKO’d Joe Lauzon. Since then, he was scheduled to face Beneil Dariush in November of 2018 but pulled out due to an injury. Gruetzemacher was then set to fight Jesus Pinedo in March but he tore his ACL.
This is a crucial fight for both men as Alexander Hernandez is looking to get back on track and get some momentum behind him again. For Chris Gruetzemacher, it is a chance to get another win over a name and potentially earn a ranked opponent next time out.
The Halloween event is now as follows:
- Anderson Silva vs. Uriah Hall
- Maurice Greene vs. Greg Hardy
- Amir Albazi vs. TBD
- Cortney Casey vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Bobby Green vs. Thiago Moises
- Aaron Phillips vs. Adrian Yanez
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Justin Ledet
- Sean Strickland vs. TBD
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Andre Fili vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Miles Johns vs. Kevin Natividad
- Jason Witt vs. Cole Williams
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Chris Gruetzemacher
The Oct. 31 card will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Who do you think will win, Alexander Hernandez or Chris Gruetzemacher?This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM