Tomorrow night, the UFC will take of New York City’s hallowed Madison Square Garden with UFC 205. The card, which will mark the promotion’s long awaited debut in The Big Apple, is stacked to the brim with elite UFC talent, and is topped by a whopping three title fights.
The first of these title fights see lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez attempt to defend his title against featherweight champ Conor McGregor, who will vie to make history as the first fighter in UFC history to hold two titles simultaneously. The second will pair welterweight champ Tyron Woodley, fresh off a first-round KO of Robbie Lawler, with streaking challenger Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson. The third will see dominant strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk attempt to defend her title for a fourth time against fellow undefeated Polish fighter Karolina Kowalkiewicz.
In advance of this historic card, the 6 fighters comprising this trio of title fights took to the scale to weigh in for battle, and luckily, all 6 hit their marks.
Regrettably, the UFC 205 main card did take a substantial hit when Kelvin Gastelum was unable to weigh in for his planned bout with fan favorite Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone. Gastelum’s failure to make weight has resulted in this anticipated bout’s being pulled from the UFC 205 lineup altogether.
Gastelum was not the only UFC 205 fighter to miss weight. Undercard fighter Thiago Alves also slipped up on the scales, missing weight for his planned lightweight fight with Jim Miller by a whopping 6.6 pounds. Despite this substantial miss, this bout will go ahead as planned. Miller will receive 20% of Alves’ purse as compensation.
Outside of Gastelum and Alves’ slips, every other UFC 205 fighter made weight. See below for a full rundown of the results.
The Main Card | 10PM ET on Pay-Per-View
- Eddie Alvarez (154.6) vs. Conor McGregor (154.4) | For the UFC lightweight title
- Tyron Woodley (169.8) vs. Stephen Thompson (169) | For the UFC welterweight title
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (114.4) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.4) | For the UFC strawweight title
- Yoel Romero (185.6) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)
- Donald Cerrone (170.4) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (N/A) | Gastelum did not weigh in, bout is off
- Raquel Pennington (135.8) vs. Miesha Tate (135.6)
The Televised Prelims | 8PM ET on FS1
- Frankie Edgar (145.4) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145.8)
- Michael Johnson (155.8) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (155.8)
- Tim Boetsch (185.4) vs. Rafael Natal (185.4)
- Vicente Luque (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
The Fight Pass Prelims | 7PM ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Thiago Alves (162.6)* vs. Jim Miller (157.6) | Alves missed the lightweight limit by 6.6 pounds
- Liz Carmouche (134.8) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135)
These fighters will take to the scales again tonight for UFC 205’s ceremonial weigh ins. Are you disappointed by the loss of UFC 205’s Gastelum vs. Cowboy bout? Sound off, PENN Nation!This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM