Brendan Schaub has never been afraid to call it like he sees it when it comes to the UFC.
His latest critique of the promotion concerns Saturday’s UFC Newark card. Outside of the main event, which will pit former interim champion Colby Covington against former undisputed champ Robbie Lawler, Schaub considers the card incredibly weak.
“This weekend’s fights, I couldn’t tell you who’s on them,” Schaub said on his Below The Belt podcast (transcript via MMA News). “I don’t know. I know the main event, other than that I don’t know who the f*ck is on it. I know four people on the main card of this UFC.
“This weekend I’m in Nashville,” he added later. “I think my Saturday show’s sold out. That’s how sh*tty this card is. So it’s like who’s watching it? I don’t know man. But these fights are so bad.”
While Schaub is clearly not impressed with the UFC Newark lineup, he did concede that the upcoming UFC 241 pay-per-view is quite stacked.
“Dude these cards are … this is what you get man,” he said. “But then that Aug. 17 [card] in Anaheim, ‘DC’ [vs. Miocic 2], stacked.”
Here’s the UFC Newark lineup.
Main Card | 3:00 pm ET
- Robbie Lawler vs. Colby Covington
- Jim Miller vs. Clay Guida
- Joaquim Silva vs. Nasrat Haqparast
- Trevin Giles vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Scott Holtzman vs. Dong Hyun Ma
- Darko Stosic vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
Prelims | 12:00pm ET
- Mickey Gall vs. Salim Touahri
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Jordan Espinosa vs. Matt Schnell
- Lauren Murphy vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Claudio Silva vs. Cole Williams
- Miranda Granger vs. Hannah Goldy
Are you with Brendan Schaub on this one, or will you be tuning in for UFC Newark? Join the conversation in the comments section!
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 8/2/2019.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM