Tomorrow night, the UFC will touch down in Utica, New York with a rare, Friday night card.
This UFC Utica card will be topped by a bantamweight clash between the streaking Jimmie Rivera, and former World Series of Fighting champion Marlon Moraes. Though nothing is official just yet, this bout could well produce the bantamweight division’s next number-one contender.
The co-main event, meanwhile, will see red-hot lightweight prospect Gregor Gillespie attempt to take another step up the divisional ladder opposite Vinc Pichel.
Other highlights of the card, meanwhile, include a heavyweight tilt between Walt Harris and Daniel Spitz, a welterweight bout between Jake Ellenberger and Ben Saunders, and a light heavyweight scrap between Sam Alvey and Gian Villante.
On Thursday morning, the 26 fighters on this 13-fight UFC Utica card took to the scales to weigh in for the looming battles. Though it seems that, these days, almost every fight card is rocked by a significant weigh-in SNAFU, this card’s weigh ins remarkably went down without a hitch.
Here are the full UFC Utica weigh-in results (via MMAJunkie.com).
MAIN CARD (FS1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jimmie Rivera (134.6) vs. Marlon Moraes (135.4)
- Gregor Gillespie (155.6) vs. Vinc Pichel (155.8)
- Walt Harris (253) vs. Daniel Spitz (243.8)
- Jake Ellenberger (170.4) vs. Ben Saunders (169.4)
- Julio Arce (145.4) vs. Daniel Teymur (145.8)
- Sam Alvey (204.8) vs. Gian Villante (205.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Sijara Eubanks (125.6) vs. Lauren Murphy (125.6)
- Nik Lentz (155.4) vs. David Teymur (155.8)
- Belal Muhammad (170.2) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.6)
- Desmond Green (155.4) vs. Gleison Tibau (155.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Jessica Aguilar (115) vs. Jodie Esquibel (115.4)
- Johnny Eduardo (135.8) vs. Nathaniel Wood (135.4)
- Jarred Brooks (125.8) vs. Jose Torres (125.2)
Which feature of the UFC Utica bill are you most excited for? Who do you think will come out on top in the main event?
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 5/31/2018.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM