Bellator 214 kicks off the new year for Bellator MMA and looks to do so in style from the famous Los Angeles Forum in Inglewood, California.
Headlining the event will be the Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix finals that features the greatest heavyweight of all time, Fedor Emelianenko as he looks to capture gold for the first time in 10 years.
Standing in his way will be an incredibly stiff test, however, as he takes on the current light heavyweight king in Ryan Bader who has looked even better at heavyweight since the tournament’s start.
Bader dispatched of both Muhammad “King Mo” Lawal and Matt Mitrione with complete ease to get to the finals whereas Emelianenko engaged in short, thrilling wars with Frank Mir and Chael Sonnen. There’s no denying that both men earned their spots.
Aaron Pico also returns to action tonight as he looks to keep his massive wave of momentum flowing forward.
Ricky Bandejas and Juan Archuleta fight over a title shot at 135-pounds while grappling ace, AJ Agazarm and former WWE star Jake Hager make their MMA debuts.
Stay glued to our BJPenn.com results page for all the live results as they happen. You can even follow along on our Twitter account for up to the minute play-by-play coverage.
Main Card (on Paramount Network at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST)
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: (C) – (LHW C)Ryan Bader def Fedor Emelianenko via RD1 KO (Punch) at 0:35
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Henry Corrales def Aaron Pico via RD1 knockout (punch) at 1:07
- Heavyweight: Jake Hager def JW Kiser via RD1 submission (arm triangle) at 2:09
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Juan Archuleta def Ricky Bandejas via unanimous decision (29-28 all)
- Featherweight: Adel Altamimi def Brandon McMahan via RD1 submission (armbar) at 1:16
Prelims (on Bellator.com at 7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PM PST)
- Catchweight – 190lbs: Osman Diaz vs. Christopher Reyes *moved to postlims*
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Jorge Juarez vs. David Pacheco *moved to postlims*
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Thor Skancke def Jason Merritt via RD1 submission (north-south choke) at 4:26
- Catchweight – 160lbs: Jesse Roberts def AJ Agazarm via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Bantamweight: Weber Almeida def Odan Chinchilla via RD1 KO (punch) at 3:04
- Heavyweight: Art Rivas def Sean Johnson via RD1 TKO (ground and pound – punches and knees) at 4:30
- Featherweight: Jay Jay Wilson def Tyler Beneke via RD1 submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:31
- Bantamweight: Ryan Lilley def James Barnes via RD1 KO (head kick) at 1:03
- Welterweight: Craig Plaskett def Ian Butler via unanimous decision (30-27 all)
- Bantamweight: Desmond Torres def Steve Ramirez via RD1 submission (arm triangle) at 4:21
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 1/26/2019This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM