A featherweight match-up between Hacran Dias (21-1-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Chad Mendes (12-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has been added to the UFC on FX 6 card set for this December.
Chad “Money” Mendes most recently saw action at UFC 148, where he delivered a vicious body shot to Cody McKenzie that resulted in a quick TKO victory. It was Mendes first appearance since a KO loss to current featherweight champ Jose Aldo back at UFC 142. The loss against Aldo served as the first of Chad’s professional career.
Dias, who is a training partner of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, also has just one loss in his professional career. The Brazilian made his octagon debut at UFC 147, where he defeated Yuri Alcantara, extending his win streak to nine in a row.
UFC on FX 6 takes place Saturday, December 15, at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Broadbeach, Australia.
Here are the currently scheduled UFC on FX 6 bouts:
• Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos
• Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares
• “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK” welterweight final
• “The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. UK” lightweight final
• Seth Baczynski vs. Kyle Noke
• Hacran Dias vs. Chad Mendes
• Joey Beltran vs. Anthony Perosh
• Ednaldo Oliveira vs. Krzysztof Soszynski