UFC officials announced recently that middleweights Chris Camozzi (18-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Nick Ring (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will meet in March at UFC 158.
Camozzi looks to earn his fourth straight octagon victory at UFC 158, this after submitting Dustin Jacoby, stopping Nick Catone and defeating Luiz Cane via decision. The Colorado-based fighter has gone 8-2 in his past 10 bouts.
Camozzi now faces Ring who is coming off a decision victory over Court McGee at UFC 149. Prior to his win over McGee, Ring suffered the first loss of his career to Tim Boetsch at UFC 135. The Canadian fighter was slated to fight Costa Philippou at UFC 154 in November, however, prior to the weigh-ins, Ring was forced to pull out of the fight with an illness.
UFC 158 is set to take place March 16th live from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.
The UFC 154 card now includes:
- Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz – Welterweight title fight
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks
- Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
- Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring
- Jordan Mein vs. Dan Miller
- Daron Cruickshank vs. John Makdessi
- Patrick Cote vs. Bobby Voelker