UFC superstar Conor McGregor finally broke his silence on his “relinquished” UFC featherweight title.
On Friday, UFC superstar Conor McGregor was a part of a Q&A at The Devenish bar in Belfast, Ireland. “The Notorious” knocked out some questions and the the one thing everyone was most curious about was what his thoughts were on his UFC featherweight title.
“I also have something going on with the UFC, they’re trying to strip me and I was like, ‘Well, I ain’t stripped. I still got that belt, that belt is still at home right now’,” McGregor said (transcribed by MMA Fighting). “I’m still the two-way world champion, someone has to come take that from me. I see articles, I see stuff online, but I don’t see the belt not in my presence. The belt is right there, there’s two world titles at my home.”
UFC President Dana White recently said that it was McGregor’s decision to give up the featherweight title. However, McGregor seems to be still enjoying his time as the ” two-weight world champion.”
“Eddie [Alvarez] is still unconscious, what do you mean? I only fought last week. Them belts are mine. Whatever they want to say, and they can say, ‘Oh we took the belt and now it’s this guy’s belt,’ you can play with those fake belts all you want. Jose was KO’ed, Eddie was KO’ed, you’re looking at the two-weight world champion and that’s it. I’ll say to the UFC, and I love their company, you’re fooling nobody, you’re fooling nobody with that.”
What do you think about Conor McGregor’s stance with the UFC featherweight title? Sound off in the comments!