Tomorrow night, the UFC will touch down in Atlantic City, New Jersey with an exciting night of fights. Ahead of this UFC Atlantic City card, the fighters on the bill took to the scales to weigh in for battle.
The card’s official weigh-ins were unfortunately ridden with misses and other unfortunate twists.
The most notable weigh-in miss of the bunch came courtesy of headliner Kevin Lee, who missed weight for his headlining lightweight bout against Edson Barboza. After a lengthy wait, Lee tipped the scales at 157 pounds, and was not given additional time to continue his cut, per the rules of the New Jersey Athletic Commission.
Undercard fighter Aspen Ladd also missed weight for her bantamweight bout with Leslie Smith, and did not continue cutting thereafter. Finally, an undercard flyweight bout between Japan’s Ulka Sasaki and Russia’s Magomed Bibulatov was scrapped when the latter failed to make it to the scale.
Here are the full UFC Atlantic City weigh-in results, via MMAJunkie.
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET, 7:00 pm PT on FS1
- Edson Barboza (155.6) vs. Kevin Lee (157)*
- Frankie Edgar (145.6) vs. Cub Swanson (145)
- Chase Sherman (247) vs. Justin Willis (265.4)
- David Branch (186) vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos (185.8)
- Brett Johns (135.8) vs. Aljamain Sterling (135.2)
- Dan Hooker (155.6) vs. Jim Miller (155.4)
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET, 5:00 pm PT on FS1
- Alex Garcia (171) vs. Ryan LaFlare (170.6)
Magomed Bibulatov (X) vs. Ulka Sasaki ()**
- Siyar Bahadurzada (171) vs. Luan Chagas (170)
- Corey Anderson (205) vs. Patrick Cummins (205.6)
The Early Prelims | 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on UFC Fight Pass
- Aspen Ladd (137.8) vs. Leslie Smith (135.4) ***
- Merab Dvalishvili (135.2) vs. Ricky Simon (135.8)
- Tony Martin (170.6) vs. Keita Nakamura (170.6)
* Kevin Lee tipped the scales at 157, one pound above the lightweight division’s 156-pound cap. He will still fight tomorrow night, but will be fined 20% of his purse.
** Magomed Bibulatov was deemed “medically unfit” to compete, and was forced out of his bout with Ulka Sasaki as a result.
*** Aspen Ladd weighed in at 137.8, 1.8 pounds above the bantamweight limit.
What are your thoughts on the UFC Atlantic City weigh-in results?
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/20/2018.