KSW 46 goes down tomorrow, December 1. And it’s headlined by one of the best matchups of the year.
It’s undeniable that Mamed Khalidov (34-5-2) is one of the greatest fighters to have never stepped foot inside the UFC Octagon. And after going unbeaten for eight years, the one and only KSW middleweight king in the promotion’s history met his match.
Having no options left in his own weight class, the European icon began to take some champion vs champion fights mid-way through last year. Khalidov would take on the KSW welterweight champion Borys Mankowski in May 2017 where he extended his winning streak to 14 straight.
In the fight that followed, Mamed Khalidov would look to take out the light heavyweight king in the wildly dangerous Tomasz Narkun (15-2).
With the experience and majority of advantages seemingly on his side, Khalidov hurt Narkun early and firmly controlled the fight from the opening frame. But over time, Narkun would find glimmers of success before going for broke and scoring the incredible upset early into the third as he submitted the organization’s biggest star.
Despite both being top 10 fighters in their weight classes worldwide, it remains one of the best fights, comebacks, and upsets of 2018 and for that reason, it makes their rematch a massive occasion.
KSW 46 takes place tomorrow at 1:00 PM EST / 10:00 AM PST on Fite.tv. The event is expected to be the biggest in the promotion’s history and along with a crazy rematch to end the night, there is plenty of great action leading up to it.
- Featherweight – 145lbs: (C) – Mateusz Gamrot vs. Kleber Koike Erbst
- Featherweight: Marcin Wrzosek vs. Salahdine Parnasse
- Catchweight – 176lbs: Roberto Soldic vs. Vinicius Bohrer
- Featherweight: Roman Szymański vs. Daniel Torres
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Grzegorz Szulakowski vs. Marian Ziolkowski
- Lightweight: Artur Sowinski vs. Kamil Szymuszowski
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Antun Racić vs. Sebastian Przybysz
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Krystian Kaszubowski vs. Michał Michalski
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 11/29/2018