Tomorrow night, the UFC will touch down in the music mecca of Nashville, Tennessee to compose some rather percussive tunes of its own. It will do so with UFC Fight Night 108, a fun looking 13-fight card.
Nashville’s main event will pit the UFC’s fourth-ranked featherweight Cub Swanson against Conor McGregor training partner Artem Lobov. Given Swanson’s station in the division, and the fact that Lobov sits outside the top-15 with a 13-12-1 overall record, many fans have suggested that this is an opportunity the McGregor stablemate doesn’t deserve. Sensible matchmaking or not, however, this fight looks like it should be a fun one.
Nashville’s co-main event will see The Ultimate Fighter 1 veteran Diego Sanchez welcome Al Iaquinta back to the Octagon. Iaquinta has recently been sidelined by a very public contract dispute with the UFC.
The rest of the main card, finally, will see Marcos Rogerio de Lima take on Ovince St. Preux at light heavyweight, John Dodson take on Eddie Wineland at bantamweight, Joe Lauzon take on Stevie Ray at lightweight, and Jake Ellenberger take on Mike Perry at welterweight.
In advance of this anticipated card in Music City, the 26 fighters on the bill took to the scale to weigh in for battle. Only one of these fighters missed weight. That fighter was de Lima, who clocked in 4 pounds over the light heavyweight limit, at 210. The fight will go on as planned, though de Lima will receive a fine of 30% of his purse.
Here’s a full rundown of the UFC Nashville weigh in results (via MMAJunkie.com).
MAIN CARD (FS1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Artem Lobov (145) vs. Cub Swanson (145)
- Al Iaquinta (154.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (155.5)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima (210)* vs. Ovince Saint Preux (206)
- John Dodson (135) vs. Eddie Wineland (135)
- Joe Lauzon (155.5) vs. Stevie Ray (156)
- Jake Ellenberger (170.5) vs. Mike Perry (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS2, 8 p.m. ET)
- Sam Alvey (184) vs. Thales Leites (186)
- Brandon Moreno (125) vs. Dustin Ortiz (124.5)
- Scott Holtzman (156) vs. Michael McBride (155.5)
- Jessica Penne (116) vs. Danielle Taylor (115)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Cindy Dandois (135) vs. Alexis Davis (134.5)
- Bryan Barberena (170) vs. Joe Proctor (170)
- Hector Sandoval (125.5) vs. Matt Schnell (126)
Which fight on the UFC Nashville bill are you most excited for?
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/21/2017.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM