The UFC 223 lineup continues to get better and better.
This anticipated card, which goes down on April 7 in Brooklyn, New York, has now been improved by a clash of ranked featherweights, as 15th-ranked contender Calvin Kattar will battle Brazil’s Renato Moicano, who is ranked 11th.
This bout was first reported by Newsday.
Kattar was last seen in action in January, when he knocked out Shane Burgos on the main card of UFC 220, moving to 2-0 in the UFC in the process. “The Boston Finisher” made his UFC debut back in July, on the undercard of UFC 214, when he defeated Team Alpha Male fighter Andre Fili by decision.
Renato Moicano, meanwhile, recently experienced the first loss of his UFC career, tapping out to a Brian Ortega submission on the undercard of UFC 214. Prior to this loss, he went 3-0 in his first three bouts in the Octagon, defeating Tom Niinimaki, Zubaira Tukhugov, and Jeremy Stephens.
UFC 223 will be headlined by a lightweight title fight between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov, and headlined by a women’s strawweight title rematch between champ Rose Namajunas and former champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk.
Here’s a full rundown of the UFC 223 bill as it stands:
- Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov – for lightweight title
- Champ Rose Namajunas vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk – for women’s strawweight title
- Felice Herrig vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Paul Felder vs. Al Iaquinta
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Joe Lauzon
- Ray Borg vs. Brandon Moreno
- Michael Chiesa vs. Anthony Pettis
- Alex Caceres vs. Artem Lobov
- Calvin Kattar vs. Renato Moicano
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Bec Rawlings
Who do you think comes out on top in this newly announced Renato Moicano vs. Calvin Kattar bout? Join the conversation in the comments section.
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 2/15/2018.