RIZIN 16 is kicking off the June MMA calendar in style as two titles will be decided! One of which will see two champions square off… again.
In the evening’s co-main event, a rematch three years in the making will see either redemption or a G.O.A.T.’s continued solidification.
RIZIN super atomweight champion, Ayaka Hamasaki (17-2) defeated the now Invicta FC champion, Jinh Yu Frey (8-3) via second-round TKO due to a cut in a closely contested contest. At the time, it was Hamasaki defending her title. She’ll look to do that successfully and more emphatically this time around.
“She bloodied me up last time so this time around I look to return the favor,” Frey said via press release. “I’ve beat most of the top contenders at my weight class in the US so I’m excited to jump into a new pool of fighters in Japan. I am proud of myself as a Champion but I always want more, so I am looking forward to collecting more belts”
In the main event, the impossibly entertaining 20-year old Japanese superstar, Tenshin Nasukawa (31-0) is back as he looks to take the ISKA featherweight title by beating Argentina’s Martin Blanco. Watch the action live on Fite.tv.
Follow along below to get all the RIZIN 16 results as they happen.
- Featherweight – 125lbs: KB – (C) – Tenshin Nasukawa def Martin Blanco via round-two TKO (knee to body)
- Super atomweight – 108lbs: (C)Ayaka Hamasaki def Jinh Yu Frey via unanimous decision
- Super atomweight: Miyuu Yamamoto def Kanna Asakura via unanimous decision
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: Jake Heun def Roque Martinez via split decision
- Flyweight – 129lbs: Yusaku Nakamura def Topnoi Tiger Muay Thai via unanimous decision
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Tofiq Musayev def Daron Cruickshank via unanimous decision
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Uoi Fullswing def Kana Hyatt via third-round TKO (punches and soccer kicks)
- Catchweight – 129lbs: KB – Ryuji Horio def KUNITAKA via unanimous decision
- Bantamweight: Erson Yamamoto def Tim Eschtruth via first-round KO (elbow)
- Catchweight – 128lbs: KB – Taiju Shiratori def Hiroto Yamaguchi via unanimous decision
- Catchweight – 129lbs: Takaki Soya def Namiki Kawahara via first-round KO (punch)
- Catchweight – 131lbs: KB – Kan Nakamura def ITTO via second-round KO (head kick)
- Catchweight – 123lbs: KB – Seiki Ueyama def KENGO via first-round TKO
- Catchweight – 151lbs: KB – YUYA def Tanaka Yuki via first-round TKO
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 6/1/2019This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM