It was recently announced that MMA veteran Jason “Mayhem” Miller will be returning to fight in the cage once again.
It has been nearly four years since “Mayhem” last fought an MMA bout. His unanimous decision loss to C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146 in May of 2012 was his last appearance fighting but has been through quite a bit of trouble with the law since then.
A former host to the MTV show ‘Bully Beatdown,’ Miller was arrested on two separate occasions in 2013 for domestic violence, and then once again later in 2013 for violating a ‘stay away’ order. In 2014, Miller was arrested after a 5-hour standoff with police which he live-tweeted. In 2015, Miller was arrested yet again for assaulting a police officer.
Miller announced his comeback to MMA through a video, and seemed confused or was his usual character and was just being the old “Mayhem.” He says that he will be fighting Josh Barnett, who is not his opponent. Miller will be fighting Venator middleweight champion Luke Barnatt at Venator FC 3 on May 21 in Italy.
“I have to announce that I’m going to fight again,” Miller said in his video. “I’m fighting Josh Barnett on May 21st, for the title of ven . . . ven . . . Venator. The FC. Or BC, or lmnop, yeah.”
Barnatt didn’t seem to entertained by Miller’s video and responded with his own take on the fight. Barnatt posted a photo to Instagram and said in the caption:
“May 21st, Milan, Italy My craziest challenge yet… I’ll be taking on Eminem’s retarded cousin, I’m ready to make sure my belt doesn’t go back to 8 mile.”
What are your thoughts on the matchup and “Mayhem” returning to fight again? Share your thoughts with us and let us know what you think by leaving a comment!