Dennis Siver (20-8 MMA, 9-5 UFC) will still step into the octagon in 3 weeks at UFC on FOX 5, now that Nam Phan (18-10 MMA, 2-3 UFC) has stepped in to replace the injured Eddie Yagin on December 8th in Seattle.
Phan most recenetly fought and got back in the win column at UFC on FOX 4, where he defeated Cole Miller. The veteran of Season 12 of “The Ultimate Fighter” improved to 2-3 in the UFC with the win. Prior to the Miller win, Phan was dominated by Jim Hettes at UFC 141.
Siver will be fighting for the second time at featherweight come December. The former lightweight contender dropped to 145 pounds earlier this year and defeated Diego Nunes by unanimous decision in his featherweight debut. Siver has gone 5-1 in his past six fights with his lone loss coming to Donald Cerrone at UFC 137.
Eddie Yagin was ruled out of the event on Tuesday, this after suffering a head injury during sparring. He was hospitalized with some swelling on his brain, though it doesn’t appear that he will need surgery.
UFC on FOX 5 takes place December 8 at the KeyArena in Seattle. The evenings main-event features a lightweight title fight between champion Benson Henderson and top contender Nate Diaz.
Here is the updated UFC on FOX 5 card:
MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Champ Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz (Lightweight Championship)
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
- Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn
- Matt Brown vs. Mike Swick
- Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
- Mike Chiesa vs. Marcus LeVesseur
- Nam Phan vs. Dennis Siver
- Bryan Caraway vs. Mike Easton
- Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
- John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen
- Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo
- John Cholish vs. Yves Edwards