After a brief hiatus, the UFC will return to our screens in a big way this May.
The Las Vegas-based promotion is plotting three events in an eight-day span, all of which will go down in Jacksonville, Florida. This three-card bonanza will start with UFC 249 on Saturday, May 9. Next up will be a currently unnamed card on Wednesday, May 13, followed my another unnamed card on Saturday, May 16.
The lineup for UFC 249 is seemingly finalized, while the lineups for the following events are still works in progress.
See what’s currently scheduled for these three events below:
May 9 – UFC 249
UFC 249 Main Card
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje (interim lightweight title fight)
- Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz (bantamweight title fight)
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (heavyweight)
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar (featherweight)
- Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro (heavyweight)
UFC 249 Undercard
- Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis (featured prelim)
- Alexey Oleynik vs. Fabricio Werdum (heavyweight)
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson (strawweight)
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza (middleweight)
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price (welterweight)
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa (featherweight)
- Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey (light heavyweight)
May 13 – UFC Fight Night
- Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira (light heavyweight main event)
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Philipe Lins (heavyweight)
- Ben Rothwell vs. Ovince Saint Preux (heavyweight)
- Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori (middleweight)
- Ray Borg vs. Ricky Simon (bantamweight)
- Sara Moras vs. Sijara Eubanks (bantamweight)
- Michael Johnson vs. Thiago Moises (lightweight)
- Bobby Green vs. Omar Morales (lightweight)
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Drew Dober (lightweight)
May 16 – UFC Fight Night
- Alistair Overeem vs. Walt Harris (heavyweight main event)
- Edson Barboza vs. Dan Ige (featherweight)
- Eryk Anders vs. Krzysztof Jotko (middleweight)
- Kevin Holland vs. Anthony Hernandez (middleweight)
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (heavyweight)
- Cortney Casey vs. Mara Romero Borella (flyweight)
- Giga Chikadze vs. Mike Davis (lightweight)
- Nate Landwehr vs. Darren Elkins (featherweight)
Stay tuned to BJPENN.com for further updated on the three UFC cards currently scheduled for May as new details emerge.
Which fights are you most looking forward to next month?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.com on 4/28/2020.