Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has signed a new four-fight deal with the UFC and will return tot he octagon on February 17 in Phoenix, Arizona.
The news of Cain’s new four-fight contract came via ESPN’s Ariel Helwani, who posted the following on Twitter.
Cain Velasquez, who meets Francis Ngannou on Feb. 17 in Phoenix, has signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC, sources told ESPN. https://t.co/hGtShqK4zA…
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 22, 2018
“Cain Velasquez, who meets Francis Ngannou on Feb. 17 in Phoenix, has signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC, sources told ESPN.”
Velasquez, who hasn’t competed since July of 2016, will square off with dangerous knockout artist Francis Ngannou in the headliner of the February 17 fight card which airs on ESPN.
UFC President Dana White confirmed the booking on Friday following an initial report from ESPN.
Cain Velasquez (14-2 MMA) was last seen in action way back at UFC 200 event in July of 2016, where he scored a first-round TKO victory over Travis Browne.
Prior to that, Velasquez had his impressive five-fight win streak snapped by Fabricio Werdum at UFC 188 in Mexico City, losing his heavyweight title in the process.
Meanwhile, Francis Ngannou (12-3 MMA) was most recently seen in action last month in Beijing, where he scored a first-round knockout victory over perennial division contender Curtis Blaydes.
The victory snapped a two-fight losing skid for “The Predator”, who had previously suffered back-to-back decision setbacks to Derrick Lewis and Stipe Miocic respectively.
Since joining the UFC ranks in December of 2015, Ngannou has gone 7-2, with all seven wins coming by way of stoppage (6 KO’s, 1 submission).
Who do you think will emerge victorious when former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez squares off with dangerous knockout artist Francis Ngannou on February 17 in Arizona? Sound off PENN Nation!This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM