UFC 235, which goes down on March 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada, is already shaping up to be a 2019 Card of the Year contender.
If all goes according to plan, the card will be topped by a light heavyweight showdown between resurgent champion Jon Jones and surging contender Anthony Smith. In order for this bout to occur at UFC 235 as planned, Jones will first have to receive licensure from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
UFC 235 is expected to be co-headlined by a welterweight title fight between dominant champion Tyron Woodley and streaking challenger Kamaru Usman. While the bout has not yet been announced by the UFC, contracts have reportedly been signed.
Elsewhere on the UFC 235 bill, we’ll witness the long-awaited UFC debut of former ONE and Bellator champ Ben Askren, who takes on former UFC welterweight champ Robbie Lawler, as well as a bantamweight contender bout between Holly Holm and Aspen Ladd, and a featherweight contender bout between Jeremy Stephens and Zabit Magomedsharipov. All of that, and there are still many more bouts to be announced.
Check out the UFC 235 fight card as it currently stands (h/t MMAjunkie):
UFC 235 fight card:
- Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – for light heavyweight title
- Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – for welterweight title
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Holly Holm vs. Aspen Ladd
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Ovince Saint Preux
What fight on the UFC 235 bill are you most excited for?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 1/6/2019.