Floyd Mayweather trashes Canelo’s $365 million deal with DAZN

Floyd Mayweather

Earlier this week, it was announced that Mexican boxing star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez had signed a history-making $365 million deal with the sports streaming service DAZN. This deal, which spans 10 fights and 5 years, is one of the most lucrative in sports history, no matter how you swing it. Apparently, however, it’s still not enough to impress Mr. Moneybags himself, Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd Mayweather shared his thoughts on Canelo’s new deal in an Instagram post on Thursday afternoon.

“It didn’t matter if Canelo ate his PED steak or not this night, this was by far the easiest fight of my career,” Mayweather said, reminiscing on his 2013 win over Canelo, which is the only loss on the Mexican star’s record. “Connor McQuitter was a way better fighter than Canelo’s cheating ass and I beat the brakes off him too! It takes me 36 mins or less to make $300 million plus. It literally takes me 1 night and 1 fight to make what you might make in 5 years and 11 fights! So really, who’s still winning? You do the math!”

While Floyd Mayweather isn’t impressed with Canelo’s new deal with DAZN, Canelo himself seems quite excited about it.

“This is only from my hard work,” Canelo told ESPN of this record-breaking contract. The most important thing to me was being able to give the fans the opportunity to see me fight without having to pay the $70 or $80 for my fights on pay-per-view. That was the most important thing, more important than what I am making.”

What do you think of Floyd Mayweather’s comments to Canelo Alvarez?

This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 10/19/2018.