Alistair Overeem and Alexander Volkov are set to kick off the UFC’s February schedule at UFC Vegas 18.
Event: UFC Vegas 18: Overeem vs. Volkov
Date: Saturday, 6th February 2021
Location: UFC APEX, Las Vegas, Nevada
Broadcast: ESPN+ – 8pm EST (Main card)
Russia’s Volkov is attempting to build off of his victory over Walt Harris back in October, whereas Overeem is riding high with four wins in his last five fights as he continues for his final push towards another UFC title shot.
While the victor isn’t expected to get an immediate shot at the winner of Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou 2, they’ll definitely get themselves a whole lot closer if they perform at UFC Vegas 18.
UFC Vegas 18 Main Event
Heavyweight – Alistair Overeem vs. Alexander Volkov
UFC Vegas 18 Bouts – not confirmed by UFC.com
- Women’s Bantamweight – Karol Rosa vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Women’s Flyweight – Molly McCann vs. Lara Procopio
- Women’s Bantamweight – Marion Reneau vs. Macy Chiasson
- Light Heavyweight – Mike Rodríguez vs. Danilo Marques
- Bantamweight – Julio Arce vs. Timur Valiev
- Featherweight – Seung Woo Choi vs. Collin Anglin
- Lightweight – Clay Guida vs. Michael Johnson
- Lightweight – Beneil Dariush vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
- Bantamweight – Cory Sandhagen vs. Frankie Edgar
- Lightweight – Devonte Smith vs. Alex da Silva Coelho
- Flyweight – Alexandre Pantoja vs. Manel Kape
- Bantamweight – Cody Stamann vs. Andre Ewell
- Catchweight (130 lb) – Denys Bondar vs. Ode Osbourne
Towards the end of last year, Overeem reiterated his path to a potential retirement when admitting that he knows he probably only has a few fights left in him.
I’m still improving: even at 40 I think you can clearly see that in my fights. I’m still on a learning curve. But I have to be realistic. I’m going to have a couple more fights, then I’m going to hang up the gloves. If I win the belt, then the mission is completed #onefinalrun
Do you think Alistair Overeem or Alexander Volkov could go on to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship with a win at UFC Vegas 18?This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM