UFC Rochester is set to go down on May 18 and the card continues to take shape.
It was recently announced by the UFC that top 15 welterweights, Neil Magny (21-7) and Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos were to do battle in the night’s co-main event… However, that was quickly shut down by both fighters as false.
Now, Farah Hannoun has since reported that Magny will instead be facing another rising Brazilian contender in Vicente Luque (15-6-1). Democrat & Chronicle has since confirmed the report.
The 27-year old Luque currently rides a four-fight winning streak and is 8-1 in his last nine outings with the only man to defeat him in that span being Leon “Rocky” Edwards. His most recent win came in an early fight of the year contender against Bryan Barberena at UFC Phoenix in early February. Each win in his current streak has ended via finish (three knockout/TKOs and one submission).
As for Magny, he will be looking to rebound off of a rough loss to Argentina’s Santiago Ponzinibbio who earned a fourth-round knockout over him in November 2018. Prior to the loss, Magny was on a two-fight winning streak with dominant wins over Carlos Condit and Craig White.
UFC Rochester continues to shape up as it currently has eight fights on it. That line-up can be seen below. Expect more fight announcements in the coming weeks.
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee
- Welterweight: Neil Magny vs Vicente Luque
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Megan Anderson vs Felicia Spencer
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Zak Cummings vs. Trevin Giles
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Patrick Cummins vs. Ed Herman
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Michael Trizano vs. Grant Dawson
- Middleweight: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Ian Heinisch
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/3/2019