Update: Zaleski dos Santos has since come out to say that the fight was never offered to him. “Today I saw
The UFC’s last event for the month of May is set to go down in Rochester, New York. And it has shaped up to be quite the solid card.
Announced a week ago was the event’s headliner which features a move up in weight from “The Mo-Town Phenom” Kevin Lee as he takes on Rafael Dos Anjos. Now we know that the UFC Rochester co-main event will also showcase the 170-pound weight class.
Neil Magny (21-6) will be making his return to the Octagon on May 18 as he looks to halt the momentum of the red-hot Brazilian, Elizeu “Capoeira” Zaleski dos Santos (21-5).
For Magny, this will be his first fight since suffering a brutal defeat to Santiago Ponzinibbio at UFC Argentina in November 2018. The loss would snap the 20-fight UFC veteran’s two-fight winning streak that consisted of wins over Carlos Condit and Craig White.
Zaleski dos Santos, on the other hand, just extended his impressively dominant six-fight winning streak to seven straight with a big win first-round submission win (rear-naked choke) over Curtis Millender at UFC Wichita.
A win will be big for either fighter as Magny would stop a rising contender or Zaleski dos Santos would continue his winning ways with a big name added to his resume. Either way, it should be fun while it lasts.
The rest of the current UFC Rochester fight line-up can be seen below.
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee
- Welterweight: Neil Magny vs Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Megan Anderson vs Felicia Spencer
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Zak Cummings vs. Trevin Giles
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Patrick Cummins vs. Ed Herman
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Michael Trizano vs. Grant Dawson
- Middleweight: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Ian Heinisch
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 3/27/2019