Tomorrow night, the UFC will promote its latest show in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Although this UFC Sao Paulo card has been absolutely shellacked by injuries and fight cancellations, it’s still highlighted by some interesting matchups.
One of those matchups is the main event. Originally, the card was expected to be headlined by a light heavyweight showdown between ranked contenders Jimi Manuwa and Glover Teixeira. Unfortunately, Teixeira was forced out of the fight with an injury, and replaced by beefed-up middleweight contender Thiago Santos. Regrettably, Manuwa was then also forced out of the fight, and replaced by rising middleweight contender Eryk Anders. What we’ve been left with is a surprising but compelling Eryk Anders vs. Thiago Santos light heavyweight main event.
Elsewhere on the main card, we’ll see appearances from names like Antonio Rogerio Nogeuira, Sam Alvey, Renan Barao, Ben Saunders, Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira, Charles Oliveira, Francisco Trinaldo, Evan Dunham, Randa Markos, Chase Sherman, Hector Lombard, Thales Leites, and more. Needless to say, it’s definitely still an event worth watching.
On Friday morning, the 28 fighters on the UFC Sao Paulo bill took to the scales to weigh in for battle. Unfortunately, the weigh ins were marred by one significant blunder, as the former champion Renan Barao missed weight by more than five pounds. The good news is that the headliners Thiago Santos and Eryk Anders hit their marks.
Here are the full UFC Sao Paulo weigh in results (via MMAjunkie):
MAIN CARD (FS1, 10:30 p.m. ET)
- Thiago “Marreta” Santos (203.7) vs. Eryk Anders (205.6)
- Alex Oliveira (171) vs. Carlo Pedersoli (170.3)
- Sam Alvey (205.6) vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (205.3)
- Renan Barao (141.75) vs. Andre Ewell (135)
- Randa Markos (115.7) vs. Marina Rodriguez (115.4)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS2, 8:30 p.m. ET)
- Christos Giagos (155.6) vs. Charles Oliveira (153.9)
- Evan Dunham (156) vs. Francisco Trinaldo (155)
- Luis Henrique (204.8) vs. Ryan Spann (203.8)
- Augusto Sakai (265.6) vs. Chase Sherman (257.1)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Sergio Moraes (170.8) vs. Ben Saunders (170.3)
- Marya Bueno Silva (125.4) vs. Gillian Robertson (125.6)
- Thales Leites (185.9) vs. Hector Lombard (185.7)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (170.6) vs. Luigi Vendramini (170.4)
- Alex Chambers (115.8) vs. Livia Renata Souza (116)
Will be you be watching UFC Sao Paulo tomorrow?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 9/20/2018.