Georges St-Pierre enters the UFC Octagon for the first time in 3 years ahead of #UFC209 tonight!
Posted by UFC on Saturday, March 4, 2017
It has been three years, three months, and exactly nineteen days since former UFC welterweight kingpin Georges St-Pierre has set foot in the Octagon.
The last time ‘Rush’ was in the cage he was defending his welterweight title for the 9th time against Johny Hendricks. The fight was an extremely competitive one that went the full five rounds before St-Pierre was controversially awarded a split decision. Since then, St-Pierre has remained absent from the Octagon, however with that being said reports continued to surface regarding St-Pierre’s return throughout the course of his hiatus.
Now, with St-Pierre officially back in the UFC, and a fight with UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping official for 2017, St-Pierre has been enjoying being back with the UFC. In the UFC 209 Embedded vlog, St-Pierre was seen backstage wearing his Reebok Fight Kit for the first time for a photoshoot before then introducing himself to Khabib Nurmagomedov backstage.
Now, in newly released footage, you can see St-Pierre set foot in the Octagon for the first time in three years prior to his press conference with Michael Bisping yesterday.
The press conference certainly escalated quickly when Bisping arrived late. This led St-Pierre to call Bisping out for his actions, saying:
“I think Vegas got the best out of you unfortunately,” St-Pierre said. “I think you should shut up you are embarrassing yourself right now. Are you still drunk right now? What is going on with him? What is happening with you? My God. Are you healthy. Are you OK?”
Bisping of course fired back quickly, saying:
“I’m going to get the (expletive) best out of you so shut the (expletive) up,” Bisping said. “I’ll go on an all night (expletive) bender and still beat you pal. I won’t even train. Look at the state of you, ya old (expletive) midget.”
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 3/4/2017.