It’s officially UFC Rochester fight week. Unfortunately, the card has taken a late hit.
MMA Junkie has confirmed that one half of the evening’s planned welterweight co-main event, Neil Magny, has been forced out of the bout for undisclosed reasons. He was set to take on rising Brazilian contender, Vicente Luque. The UFC is now actively seeking a late replacement.
The 31-year old 20 fight UFC veteran’s last fight took place in November 2018 when he suffered a rough fourth-round knockout defeat to Santiago Ponzinibbio in the UFC Argentina headliner. The loss snapped a two-fight winning streak for Magny.
As for Luque, he currently rides an impressive four-fight winning streak that was extended most recently off of a fight of the year candidate performance that saw him earn a third-round knockout over Bryan Barberena at UFC Phoenix in February. Luque is 8-1 in his last nine fights with the lone loss coming to a fellow underrated contender in Leon “Rocky” Edwards.
Meanwhile, in the UFC Rochester main event also features a welterweight match-up as “The Mo-Town Phenom” Kevin Lee will fight at 170-pounds for the first time in his career as he takes on former UFC lightweight king, Rafael Dos Anjos.
The full line-up can be seen below.
Main Card (ESPN+, 8:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM PST)
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee
- Welterweight: Vicente Luque vs TBD
- Middleweight – 185lba: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Ian Heinisch
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Megan Anderson vs Felicia Spencer
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Charles Oliveira vs Nik Lentz
- Lightweight: Davi Ramos vs Austin Hubbard
Preliminary Card (ESPN+, 5:00 PM EST, 2:00 PM PST)
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Lightweight: Desmond Green vs Charles Jourdain
- Welterweight: Danny Roberts vs Michel Pereira
- Lightweight: Michael Trizano vs. Grant Dawson
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Patrick Cummins vs. Ed Herman
- Middleweight: Zak Cummings vs. Trevin Giles
- Featherweight: Julio Arce vs Julian Erosa
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 5/13/2019
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM