On Monday, Neil Magny was suddenly pulled from his UFC Rochester co-main event bout with Vicente Luque this Saturday night due to undisclosed reasons. Well, we now know why.
The 20-fight UFC veteran took to Instagram on Tuesday following the news and revealed that his removal from the fight was due to a positive out of competition USADA testing from this past Saturday.
“As many of you know, I had to withdraw from my sceduled bout against Vicente Luque on Saturday, May 18th. I want to apologize to him, as I know how difficult it is to lose an opponent days out from a fight. Throughout my MMA career I have been very transparent. I am not afraid to admit when I am in the wrong. On Saturday, May 11, 2019, I recieved an email from USADA stating that I have failed an ‘out of competition drug test’ due to the banned substance “Di-Hydroxy-LGD-4033″. I am fully cooperating with USADA to determine how this substance was found in the sample I provided them on May 5, 2019. I have always been an advocate for the strict drug testing in the UFC, even to the extent of opting for my collected samples to be used for research purposes by USADA. I know without a doubt that I have done everything according to the standards set by USADA. I have faith in USADA that this situation will resolved in a timely manner and that I will be cleared of any wrong doing. To all of my fans and supporters, thank you. I assure you that I have not let you down.” Magny’s post read.
Fortunately for his opponent in Brazil’s Luque, the UFC has found a replacement as he’ll now be welcoming LFA, Legacy FC, and Bellator veteran, Derrick Krantz (24-10) the Octagon for the very first time. Krantz was originally supposed to be competing on the upcoming season of Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series this Summer.
As the week winds down, let’s hope there are no more shakeups to the fun card set for Saturday and that Neil Magny gets his issues with USADA resolved. The full line-up can be seen below.
Main Card (ESPN+, 8:00 PM EST, 5:00 PM PST)
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Kevin Lee
- Welterweight: Vicente Luque vs Derrick Krantz
- Middleweight – 185lba: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Ian Heinisch
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Megan Anderson vs Felicia Spencer
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Charles Oliveira vs Nik Lentz
- Lightweight: Davi Ramos vs Austin Hubbard
Preliminary Card (ESPN+, 5:00 PM EST, 2:00 PM PST)
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Aspen Ladd vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Lightweight: Desmond Green vs Charles Jourdain
- Welterweight: Danny Roberts vs Michel Pereira
- Lightweight: Michael Trizano vs. Grant Dawson
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Patrick Cummins vs. Ed Herman
- Middleweight: Zak Cummings vs. Trevin Giles
- Featherweight: Julio Arce vs Julian Erosa
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 5/14/2019