Jose Aldo and Marlon Vera will be sharing the Octagon with one another after all.
Originally, Aldo and Vera were expected to fight this Saturday at UFC 255, however, the fight was never made official. Now, multiple sources told BJPENN.com that the fight has been rebooked for December 19 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Jose Aldo is coming off a fifth-round TKO loss to Petr Yan for the vacant bantamweight title. Before that, he suffered a split decision loss to Marlon Moraes in his bantamweight debut after dropping a decision to Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 237. The Brazilian is just 4-6 in his last 10. Yet, has only been fighting the very best at featherweight and bantamweight. He is ranked seventh at bantamweight.
Marlon Vera, meanwhile, picked up the biggest win of his career last time out as he scored a first-round TKO win over Sean O’Malley in the co-main event of UFC 252. It was O’Malley’s first career loss and since then “Chito” has been looking to fight a big name and gets his wish here.
Vera is 6-1 in his last seven with his lone loss during this stretch being a very controversial split decision to Song Yadong back in May. Currently, he is ranked 15th in the division and holds notable wins over Brian Kelleher, Brad Pickett, and Andre Ewell.
With the addition of Jose Aldo vs. Marlon Vera, UFC Vegas 17 is now as follows:
- Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Geoff Neal vs. Stephen Thompson
- Rob Font vs. Marlon Moraes
- Jose Aldo vs. Marlon Vera
- Deron Winn vs. Antonio Braga Neto
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jamie Pickett
- Rick Glenn vs. Carlton Minus
- Tyson Nam vs. Matt Schnell
- Manel Kape vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Belal Muhammad vs. Dhiego Lima
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Ryan Spann
- Drako Rodriguez vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Sijara Eubanks
Who do you think will win, Jose Aldo or Marlon Vera?