Ryan Hall will no longer be making his return to the Octagon on March 13 after all.
Multiple sources have informed BJPENN.com that Hall has pulled out of the fight with an injury suffered in training. Sources say the UFC is looking for a replacement to fight Ige.
Ryan Hall has not fought since he defeated Darren Elkins by decision at UFC Sacramento in July of 2019. Since then, he has had a hard time getting fights but he was supposed to fight Ricardo Lamas in August but Hall was forced out of the bout. Since then, he has been calling out several opponents like Korean Zombie and Dan Ige. In his career, Ryan Hall is currently 8-1 as a pro and holds notable wins over B.J. Penn, Gray Maynard, and Artem Lobov.
Hall was also removed from the featherweight rankings in the newest update.
Dan Ige, meanwhile, suffered a decision loss to Calvin Kattar back in July which served as the main event. Before the setback, the 11th-ranked featherweight in Ige was on a six-fight winning streak with wins over Edson Barboza, Mirsad Bektic, and Danny Henry among others. The unfortunate news for Ige is the fact he was looking to fight before his baby was born and if the UFC doesn’t find a replacement perhaps that won’t come to fruition.
With the removal of Ryan Hall vs. Dan Ige, the March 13 fight card is as follows:
- Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev
- Dan Ige vs. TBD
- Davey Grant vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jason Witt
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Gloria de Paula
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart
- Ben Rothwell vs. Philipe Lins
- Charles Jourdain vs. Steve Garcia
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Rani Yahya vs. Ray Rodriguez
- Don Madge vs. Nasrat Haqparast
Who do you think should fight Dan Ige now that Ryan Hall is out of the fight?This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM