Conor McGregor goes after “sad bastard” Tony Ferguson on Twitter

Conor McGregor, ufc rankings, Paulie Malignaggi, Artem Lobov, BKFC

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor – who is expected to be stripped of his title any day now – has been very active on social media lately, engaging UFC stars like Max Holloway and Sage Northcutt over the last few days.

The latest fighter to be targeted by McGregor on Twitter is interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson, who will battle Khabib Nurmagomedov for McGregor’s vacated belt at UFC 223 on April 7.

McGregor’s latest jab at Ferguson came after Ferguson shared some training footage on Twitter, accompanied by a caption that mentioned the Irish star.

See Ferguson’s admittedly confusing Tweet below:

See McGregor’s response to Ferguson’s Tweet below:

Though Conor McGregor has not been stripped of the lightweight title yet, UFC President Dana White finally gave a clear rundown of the situation last week.

“As soon as one punch is thrown, it’s on for the full title and it’s only fair,” White recently told LA Times’ Lance Pugmire of Ferguson and Nurmagomedov’s UFC 223 showdown. “They’ve both worked their way up to No. 1 and No. 2. They deserve a shot.”

As for what the future holds for McGregor, nobody is really sure at this juncture. A bout with the Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov winner, of course, is a likely possibility. That said, bouts with Floyd Mayweather (be it in MMA or boxing), and Nate Diaz are also options. It’s also possible that McGregor never fights again, content instead to enjoy the fortune he has already earned.

What do you think the future holds for Conor McGregor? Do you expect to see him in the cage with Tony Ferguson in the future?

This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 3/4/2018.