When you pack a few thousand testosterone-fuelled fight fans into an arena and pump them full of beer, you often get a sideshow of crowd violence to compliment the sanctioned fights everybody actually came out to see. That’s precisely what happened at last weekend’s action packed BKFC 5 card in Biloxi, Mississippi.
At some point during the card, a group of fans began slugging it out in the crowd, generating a chorus of hoots and hollers from their peers. Beers were spilled, shirts were torn off, and a cluster of jiggling wannabes briefly stole the show from the trained fighters who had been hired to entertain them. At one point, one of these fans was nearly tossed off a balustrade. Thankfully he was caught by the onlookers below, and pushed back into the sweaty swirl of violence above.
See it all in the video above. As the caption in the Tweet above mentions, the commentary provided for this video is pretty entertaining.
BKFC 5 was headlined by a 145-pound war between UFC veterans Artem Lobov and Jason Knight, which the former won by decision.
Here are the full results from the card, which also featured UFC veterans like Chris Leben, Chase Sherman and Isaac Vallie-Flagg.
- Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight – Lobov def. Knight via unanimous decision
- Chris Leben vs. Justin Baesman – Leben def. Baesman via knockout (punches) at 0:25 of Round 1
- Christine Ferea vs. Britain Hart – Ferea def. Hart via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) at 1:09 of Round 2, wins American women’s featherweight title
- Chase Sherman vs. Sam Shewmaker – fight ruled a split draw (48-47, 48-48, 45-50)
- Reggie Barnett vs. Rusty Crowder – Barnett def. Crowder via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-44, 50-44)
- Randy Hederick vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg – Vallie-Flagg def. Hederick via KO at 1:22 of Round 3
- Johnny Bedford vs. Abdiel Velasquez – Bedford def. Velasquez via KO at 0:15 of Round 4
- Harris Stephenson vs. Khalib Harris
- Ivana Coleman vs. Sheena Starr – Starr def. Coleman via KO at 0:37 of Round 2
- Troy Beets vs. Bobo O’Bannon – O’Bannon def. Beets via TKO in Round 4
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 4/9/2019.