VIDEO | Top 10 UFC knockouts of 2017 so far
2016 was a great year for UFC knockouts. We saw Michael Bisping KO Luke Rockhold. We saw Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone chop Matt Brown down with a head kick. We watched Tyron Woodley crush the notoriously durable Robbie Lawler to win UFC welterweight gold. We saw Conor McGregor smash Eddie Alvarez to win the UFC lightweight title. We watched Jimi Manuwa club Ovince St. Preux to a second-round KO. We witnessed Stipe Miocic’s first title win, as he clobbered Fabricio Werdum to a first-round knockout. The list goes on and on.
As amazing as 2016 was for emphatic knockout wins in the Octagon, however, 2017 is looking like it could be even better. Already, we’ve witnessed some truly unforgettable KOs under the bright lights of the UFC. Check out 10 of the best UFC knockouts of 2015 in the fan-made video at the top of this post! The knockouts in the video are:
10. Thiago Santos KOs Jack Marshman at UFC Fight Night 105
9. Jorge Masvidal KOs Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone at UFC on Fox 23
8. Darren Elkins KOs Mirsad Bektic at UFC 209
7. Derrick Lewis KOs Travis Browne at UFC Fight Night 105
6. Al Iaquinta KOs Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 108
5. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung KOs Dennis Bermudez at UFC Fight Night 104
4. Jimi Manuwa KOs Corey Anderson at UFC Fight Night 107
3. Edson Barboza KOs Beneil Dariush at UFC Fight Night 106
2. Mike Perry KOs Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 108
1. Mark Diakiese KOs Teemu Packalen at UFC Fight Night 107
Interestingly, only one of these KOs occurred on a pay-per-view card – Elkin’s KO of Bektic at UFC 209 – and this knockout didn’t even occur on the pay-per-view portion of the event. That’s a whole lot of free knockouts in 2017 so far.
What has your favorite UFC knockout of 2017 been thus far? With names like Stipe Miocic, Junior Dos Santos, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Jorge Masvidal, Yair Rodriguez fighting at UFC 211 in a few weeks time, do you think we’ll see any new entrants on this list?
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/25/2017.
This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM