On Sunday night, the UFC will makes its debut on ESPN with a stacked card from Phoenix, Arizona. This card will be headlined by a crucial heavyweight battle between two-time former champion Cain Velasquez and former title challenger Francis Ngannou.
Daniel Cormier will be watching this fight very closely — not just because he’s the reigning heavyweight champion, but because he’s a long time friend and training partner of Cain Velasquez.
In the pre-fight promo video above, the heavyweight champion turned UFC commentator previews this fight between Velasquez and the nuke-fisted Francis Ngannou. It’s worth a watch!
This UFC on ESPN main event bout will be Velasquez’s first since a July, 2016 defeat of Travis Browne, as he’s long been sidelined by injuries.
Ngannou, meanwhile, will look to build on the momentum of a first-round knockout of Curtis Blaydes, which was preceded by a pair of decision losses to Derrick Lewis and Stipe Miocic.
Main Card | 9:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Cain Velasquez vs. Francis Ngannou
- James Vick vs. Paul Felder
- Cortney Casey vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Alex Caceres vs. Kron Gracie
- Vicente Luque vs. Bryan Barberena
- Andre Fili vs. Myles Jury
Preliminary Card | 7:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Benito Lopez vs. Manny Bermudez
- Andrea Lee vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
- Scott Holtzman vs. Nik Lentz
Early Prelims | 5:30pm ET on ESPN+
- Renan Barao vs. Luke Sanders
- Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel
- Aleksandra Albu vs. Emily Whitmire
How do you think Cain Velasquez will fair against Francis Ngannou?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 2/17/2019.