The Fight Gods giveth and the Fight Gods taketh away. These eternally merciless deities have accepted their latest sacrifice in the form of a compelling UFC 235 bantamweight fight between Marlon “Chito” Vera and Frankie Saenz.
“Due to illness, Marlon Vera has been removed from his UFC 235 bout against Frankie Saenz,” the UFC wrote in a statement. “The UFC 235 card, which airs live on Pay-Per-View and is headlined by the light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Anthony Smith, will proceed as scheduled with 12 bouts.”
Stay tuned for any further changes to the UFC 235 fight card.
Here is the UFC 235 bill as it currently stands:
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on pay-per-view
- Champion Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – for UFC light heavyweight title
- Champion Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – for UFC welterweight title
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
- Alejandro Perez vs. Cody Stamann
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
The Early Prelims | 6:15 pm ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Charles Byrd vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
Frankie Saenz vs. Marlon Vera— Cancelled due to illness
- Hannah Cifers vs. Polyana Viana
What do you think of the updated UFC 235 fight card?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 2/27/2019.