The UFC is back in Melbourne, Australia for a pay-per-view event for the first time since the record-breaking UFC 193 that took place on November 14, 2015, when Holly Holm dethroned Ronda Rousey.
This time around, the event features some hometown flavor atop the billing.
In the main event, first and only Australian/New Zealander UFC champion, middleweight king Robert Whittaker, will look to make his first official title defense by taking out the youngest winner in the history of The Ultimate Fighter, Kelvin Gastelum.
Among the plenty appetizers to that great headliner, there is the co-main event which sees the return of the legendary “Spider” Anderson Silva. For Silva, it will be one of the few times in his illustrious career that he’s been counted out as he takes on the rising star, Israel Adesanya.
The fighters of UFC 234 weighed in on Friday afternoon (Saturday, local time), and all bouts were made good to go.
UFC 234 Main Card (on PPV at 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST)
- Middleweight – 185lbs: (C)Robert Whittaker (185) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (184)
- Middleweight: Israel Adesanya (185) vs. Anderson Silva (186)
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Rani Yahya (135) vs. Ricky Simon (135)
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Montana De La Rosa (125) vs. Nadia Kassem (124)
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Jim Crute (206) vs. Sam Alvey (205)
UFC 234 Prelims (on ESPN at 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST)
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Devonte Smith (156) vs. Dong Hyun Ma (156)
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Shane Young (145) vs. Austin Arnett (145)
- Flyweight: Kai Kara-France (125) vs. Raulian Paiva (125)
- Bantamweight: Teruto Ishihara (136) vs. Kyung Ho Kang (136)
UFC 234 Early Prelims (on UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 PM EST / 3:30 PM PST)
- Lightweight: Lando Vannata (156) vs. Marcos Mariano (155)
- Lightweight: Callan Potter (156) vs. Jalin Turner (155)
- Bantamweight: Wuliji Buren (136) vs. Jonathan Martinez (136)
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 2/8/2019