On Saturday night, the UFC will touch down in New York City’s hallowed Madison Square Garden for a third time. This time around, the promotion’s offering to the people of The Big Apple is UFC 230, a card that, though nearly unrecognizable from its original version, still packs quite a punch.
The card will be headlined by a heavyweight title fight between decorated champion Daniel Cormier and fan favorite contender Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis. Although this fight was thrown together on short-notice, the stakes have become incredibly high.
The co-main event, meanwhile, will see former UFC middleweight champ Chris Weidman battle former Strikeforce middleweight champ Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza in a matchup fans have been drooling over for years. Weidman was originally expected to rematch Luke Rockhold on this card, while Jacare was expected to battle former two-division World Series of Fighting champ David Branch. When Rockhold withdrew from the card with an injury, however, Jacare was elevated to this co-main event scrap with Weidman, while Branch received a new opponent in Jared Cannonier.
On Friday morning, the fighters competing on this UFC 230 card stepped onto the scales to weigh in for their respective battles. While the main card fighters hit their marks without a hitch, two undercard fighters unfortunately missed weight.
Here are the official UFC 230 weigh-in results (via MMAjunkie):
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on Pay-Per-View
- Daniel Cormier (251.2) vs. Derrick Lewis (264.6)
- Ronaldo Souza (185.4) vs. Chris Weidman (186)
- David Branch (185.6) vs. Jared Cannonier (184.8)
- Jack Marshman (185.4) vs. Karl Roberson (184.6)
- Israel Adesanya (184.8) vs. Derek Brunson (185.8)
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET on FS1
- Jason Knight (145.8) vs. Jordan Rinaldi (145.8)
- Sijara Eubanks (127.2)* vs. Roxanne Modafferi (124.8)
- Julio Arce (145) vs. Sheymon Moraes (146)
- Lyman Good (169.6) vs. Ben Saunders (170.4)
The Early Prelims | 6:15 ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Matt Frevola (155.4) vs. Lando Vannata (155.4)
- Shane Burgos (145.6) vs. Kurt Holobaugh (145)
- Montel Jackson (136) vs. Brian Kelleher (137)**
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima (253.2) vs. Adam Wieczorek (232.2)
*Missed women’s flyweight limit by 1.2 pounds
**Missed bantamweight limit by one pound
Will you be watching UFC 230 tomorrow night?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 11/2/2018.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM