UFC 235 will feature two dynamite title fights. The first will occur in the welterweight division, where long-time champ Tyron Woodley will look to defend his strap against streaking contender Kamaru Usman. The second — the evening’s main event — will occur in the light heavyweight division, where resurgent champ Jon Jones will look to thwart dangerous finisher Anthony Smith.
The referees for this duo of UFC 235 title fights have now been assigned. The news was announced at a Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) hearing on Monday (h/t Jason Floyd).
The Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman welterweight title fight will be officiated by respected British ref Marc Goddard.
The light heavyweight main event battle between Jon Jones and Anthony Smith will be overseen by veteran American referee Herb Dean.
Stay tuned for the referee assignments for the remainder of the UFC 235 fight card.
See the full lineup for this anticipated event below:
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on pay-per-view
- Champion Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – for UFC light heavyweight title
- Champion Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – for UFC welterweight title
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
- Alejandro Perez vs. Cody Stamann
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
The Early Prelims | 6:15 pm ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Charles Byrd vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
- Frankie Saenz vs. Marlon Vera
- Hannah Cifers vs. Polyana Viana
What do you think of the referee assignments for these UFC 235 title fights?
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 2/25/2019.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM