Tomorrow night, the UFC will take over Glendale, Arizona’s Gila River Arena with an exciting, 14-fight card. This UFC Glendale card will be headlined by a lightweight showdown between long-time contender Dustin Poirier, and former World Series of Fighting champion Justin Gaethje. The co-main event of the evening, meanwhile, will pit former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit against Alex “Cowboy” Oliveira, who steps in to replace the injured Matt Brown on short notice.
Other features of this UFC Glendale main card include the sophomore UFC effort of red-hot prospect Israel Adesanya, who battles Italy’s Marvin Vettori, and a women’s strawweight bout between former Invicta atomweight champ Michelle Waterson and Cortney Casey. The undercard, finally, includes names like Tim Boetsch, Antonio Carlos Junior, John Moraga, Wilson Reis, Krzysztof Jotko, Brad Tavares, Dhiego Lima, and Yushin Okami.
Early on Friday afternoon, the 28 fighters on this exciting, UFC Glendale bill took to the scale to weigh in for battle.
Remarkably, only one fighter initially missed weight. That fighter is lightweight Gilbert Burns, who tipped the scales just half a pound above the lightweight limit, at 156.5 pounds. Provided he is cleared by a doctor, Burns will have two additional hours to cut this last half pound. This article will be updated to reflect the outcome of his cut.
Here’s a full rundown of the card’s weigh in results (via MMAJunkie):
The Main Card | 8:00 pm ET / 5:00 pm PT on FOX
- Dustin Poirier (156) vs. Justin Gaethje (156)
- Israel Adesanya (184) vs. Marvin Vettori (186)
- Carlos Condit (171) vs. Alex Oliveira (171)
- Cortney Casey (115) vs. Michelle Waterson (115)
The Prelims | 6:00 pm ET / 3:00 pm PT on FOX
- Tim Boetsch (185) vs. Antonio Carlos Junior (185)
- Ricky Rainey (170) vs. Muslim Salikhov (171)
- John Moraga (126) vs. Wilson Reis (125)
- Krzysztof Jotko (185.5) vs. Brad Tavares (186)
The Early Prelims | 3:30 pm ET / 12:30 pm PT on UFC Fight Pass
- Gilbert Burns (156.5)* vs. Dan Moret (156)
- Shana Dobson (126) vs. Lauren Mueller (126)
- Dhiego Lima (171) vs. Yushin Okami (170)
- Arjan Bhullar (241) vs. Adam Wieczorek (232)
- Matthew Lopez (136) vs. Alejandro Perez (136)
- Patrick Williams () vs. Luke Sanders (135)
*If Gilbert Burns is cleared by a doctor, he will have 2 extra hours to make weight.
Which fight on the UFC Glendale bill are you most excited for? Join the conversation in the comments section below!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/13/2018.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM