The FINAL faceoff!
— UFC (@ufc) October 6, 2018
We’re just a day away. They have hit their marks on the scales and everything is good to go barring any absolute freak accidents in the remaining time.
In the main event of UFC 229, we have the highly anticipated lightweight title bout between the champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and the returning former champion Conor McGregor.
This morning both men made the 155-pound weight limit with Nurmagomedov coming in right on the dot while McGregor was .5 below at 154.5.
The bout will mark McGregor’s first inside the Octagon in 23 months since he took on Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 to become the lightweight champion. McGregor’s has been stripped of that title as well as his featherweight title since then and gone on to battle Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match.
For Nurmagomdov, he too fought at UFC 205 and did so against Michael Johnson who he dominated on route to a third-round submission victory. Following those bouts, he took added wins over the likes of Al Iaquinta and one of the perennial top 5 contenders in Edson Barboza.
It’s been a long time coming for these two to finally meet and tomorrow night will be the night. You can check all the fighters of UFC 229’s weigh-in weights as well as check out the UFC 229 ceremonial weigh-ins in its entirety below.
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on PPV
- Champ Khabib Nurmagomedov (155) vs. Conor McGregor (154.5) – for lightweight title
- Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Anthony Pettis (156)
- Dominick Reyes (204.5) vs. Ovince Saint Preux (205.5)
- Derrick Lewis (265.5) vs. Alexander Volkov (251)
- Felice Herrig (115.5) vs. Michelle Waterson (115)
The Prelims| 8:00 pm ET on FS1
- Jussier Formiga (125.5) vs. Sergio Pettis (125)
- Vicente Luque (170.5) vs. Jalin Turner (169.5)
- Tonya Evinger (136) vs. Aspen Ladd (134.5)
- Scott Holtzman (155.5) vs. Alan Patrick (155.5)
The Early Prelims | 6:30 pm ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Yana Kunitskaya (134.5) vs. Lina Lansberg (135.5)
- Nik Lentz (156) vs. Gray Maynard (156)
- Ryan LaFlare (171) vs. Tony Martin (171)
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 10/5/2018This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM