UFC 204 Early Weigh in Results: One Fighter Withdraws with Illness
Tomorrow night, the UFC takes over beautiful Manchester, England with UFC 204.
This hotly anticipated card will be headlined by a rather unlikely middleweight title fight between new champion Michael Bisping, and 46-year-old title challenger Dan Henderson, who plans to retire no matter the outcome of the bout.
The co-main event, meanwhile, will see former Strikeforce and Dream light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi attempt to take another step up the middleweight ladder opposite former UFC light heavyweight champ Vitor Belfort.
Elsewhere on UFC 204’s main card, we’ll see England’s Jimi Manuwa battle Ovince St. Preux at light heavyweight, towering Dutchman Stefan Struve take on Daniel Omielanczuk at heavyweight, and undefeated prospect Mirsad Bektic mix it up with last-minute replacement Russell Doane at featherweight.
The undercard, finally, will feature many of the biggest names in British MMA, as well as some top talent from larger Europe and the world over.
On Friday morning, the fighters competing on the UFC’s anticipated return to British soil took to the scales to weigh in for battle. Other than the last-minute withdrawal of bantamweight Ian Entwistle, who is too ill to fight, the weigh-ins went off without a hitch.
Here are the results from this early weigh in ceremony.
The Main Card | 10 p.m. ET on PPV
- Michael Bisping (185) vs. Dan Henderson (184) – for the UFC middleweight championship.
- Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Gegard Mousasi (185)
- Jimi Manuwa (205) vs. Ovince Saint Preux (205)
- Daniel Omielanczuk (239) vs. Stefan Struve (265)
- Mirsad Bektic (144) vs. Russell Doane (145)
The Prelims | 8 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1
- Iuri Alcantara (136) vs. Brad Pickett (136)
Ian Entwistle vs. Rob Font(Entwistle has withdrawn from the bout with an illness).
- Davey Grant (135) vs. Damian Stasiak (135)
- Leon Edwards (169) vs. Albert Tumenov (169)
Fight Pass Prelims | 6:30 p.m. ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Mike Perry (170) vs. Danny Roberts (170)
- Adriano Martins (155) vs. Leonardo Santos (156)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Lukasz Sajewski (156)
These fighters will take to the scales again tonight for the card’s ceremonial weigh ins.
Who are you picking to win at UFC 204? Sound off, PENN nation!