Yesterday afternoon, Conor McGregor arrived at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn, New York—the host venue for UFC 223—and all hell broke loose.
Even by McGregor standards, it was a terrible scene, as the Irishman and his lackeys attacked a bus containing a number of UFC 223 fighters. In video footage of the fracas, McGregor could be seen pelting the bus with whatever he could get his hands on, including a dolly, which he used to smash the back window of the vehicle.
The fallout caused by this frenzy was severe and extensive, as McGregor’s training partner Artem Lobov was forced out of his UFC 223 bout with Alex Caceres for his role in the ordeal, Michael Chiesa was forced out his main card lightweight bout with Anthony Pettis with facial lacerations, and Ray Borg was pulled from his flyweight bout with Brandon Moreno as a result of glass debris in his eye.
After some confusion about whether or not McGregor was in NYPD custody, the Irishman ultimately turned himself in last night. As expected, he’s been hit with a bevy of charges.
I'm told 3 charges so far on Conor McGregor. Criminal Mischief felony for damage to bus, Assault 3 misdemeanor on someone named Jason who claims he was punched and Assault 3 reckless for injuring Chiesa following the hand truck through the bus window.
— Mike Straka (@MikeStraka) April 6, 2018
“I’m told 3 charges so far on Conor McGregor,” reporter Mike Straka explained on Twitter. “Criminal Mischief felony for damage to bus, Assault 3 misdemeanor on someone named Jason who claims he was punched and Assault 3 reckless for injuring Chiesa following the hand truck through the bus window.”
As of 6:53 am ET, Conor McGregor is still in police custody, NYPD tells me. He was held overnight at the 78th precinct in Brooklyn. He is expected to be transported to a local court sometime today.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 6, 2018
While McGregor will have his hands hands full with these charges, this is not where the trouble will end for him. We can expect the former two-division UFC champ to be sued by multiple parties for his crazed rampage in Brooklyn, and the massive damage it caused.
Stay tuned for more updates on this insane Conor McGregor situation as details emerge, and make your opinions on the issue heard in the comments section below!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 4/6/2018.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM