One of the most compelling features of this Saturday’s UFC 235 card is a featherweight scrap between veteran knockout artist Jeremy Stephens and rising contender Zabit Magomedsharipov.
With the fight just days away, the pair had an interesting backstage encounter in Las Vegas.
See it below:
Zabit Magomedsharipov will enter this UFC 235 fight with an impressive 16-1 overall record. His last four victories have occurred in the UFC’s Octagon, where he has submitted Brandon Davis with a knee bar, defeated Kyle Bochniak in a 2018 Fight of the Year contender, and submitted Sheymon Moraes and Kyle Bochniak. He is easily one of the most hyped fighters in the UFC at present.
Jeremy Stephens, meanwhile, remains a fixture of the UFC featherweight top 10. Though he was defeated by the former champion Jose Aldo in his last fight, this loss was preceded by three-straight wins: a pair of knockouts over Josh Emmett and Doo Ho Choi, and a decision defeat of former Strikeforce lightweight champ Gilbert Melendez. Stephens is 28-15 overall, and easily the toughest challenge of Magomedsharipov’s career.
Here’s a look at the full UFC 235 card:
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on pay-per-view
- Champion Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith – for UFC light heavyweight title
- Champion Tyron Woodley vs. Kamaru Usman – for UFC welterweight title
- Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler
- Tecia Torres vs. Weili Zhang
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Pedro Munhoz
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET on ESPN
- Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Johnny Walker
- Alejandro Perez vs. Cody Stamann
- Mickey Gall vs. Diego Sanchez
The Early Prelims | 6:15 pm ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Charles Byrd vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Macy Chiasson vs. Gina Mazany
Frankie Saenz vs. Marlon Vera— Cancelled due to illness
- Hannah Cifers vs. Polyana Viana
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 2/28/2019.