Tomorrow night, the UFC will return to our screens with the compelling UFC Nashville card.
This card will be topped by an unexpected but undeniably compelling clash of strikers, as former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis moves up to welterweight to battle two-time title challenger Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson.
The UFC Nashville co-headliner, meanwhile, will occur in the heavyweight division where fearsome wrestling specialist Curtis Blaydes will look to get back on track opposite rising contender Justin Willis.
Elsewhere on the card, we’ll witness a clash of top flyweights as Jussier Formiga takes on Deiveson Figueiredo, and a appearances from several promising prospects such as Maycee Barber, Luis Pena and Bobby Moffett.
On Friday morning, the fighters on the UFC Nashville bill stepped onto the scales to weigh in for battle. Interestingly, the former lightweight Anthony Pettis actually weighed in half a pound heavier than ‘Wonderboy.’
Unfortunately the weigh-ins also featured one significant blunder, as Luis Pena — AKA “Violent Bob Ross” — missed the mark for his featherweight debut.
Here are the full UFC Nashville weigh-in results (via MMA Junkie):
The Main Card | 8:00 pm on ESPN+
- Stephen Thompson (170.5) vs. Anthony Pettis (171)
- Curtis Blaydes (262) vs. Justin Willis (266)
- John Makdessi (154) vs. Jesus Pinedo (155.5)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (126) vs. Jussier Formiga (126)
- Luis Pena (148.5)* vs. Steven Peterson (146)
- J.J. Aldrich (125) vs. Maycee Barber (126)
The Early Prelims | 5:00 pm on ESPN+
- Bryce Mitchell (145.5) vs. Bobby Moffett (145.5)
- Frankie Saenz (135.5) vs. Marlon Vera (135.5)
- Alexis Davis (125) vs. Jennifer Maia (126)
- Angela Hill (116) vs. Randa Markos (116)
- Chris Gutierrez (135.5) vs. Ryan MacDonald (135.5)
- Jordan Espinosa (126) vs. Eric Shelton (126)
*Missed featherweight limit by 2.5 pounds.
The full UFC Nashville card airs on ESPN+. Get your free trial here.
This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 3/22/2019.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM