The UFC’s second show on ESPN+ in Fortaleza, Brazil looks to be shaping up as a great one.
Already having had a plethora of good fights announced, another very exciting one has joined the mix between top Brazilians at 145-pounds.
Initially reported by MMAJunkie, the matchup between former featherweight king Jose Aldo (27-4) and rising contender Renato “Moicano” Carneiro (13-1-1) has been confirmed by Combate for the February 2 card. The fight will be the co-main event of UFC Fortaleza.
For Moicano, his last fight resulted in the biggest win of his career when he defeated the perennial top contender Cub Swanson via first round submission. This led to Moicano being selected as the alternate for the recent title bout between Max Holloway and Brian Ortega.
In Jose Aldo’s last time out, he snapped the red-hot Jeremy Stephens’ three fight winning streak with a devastating first-round TKO with a body punch. The win snapped Aldo’s two-fight losing streak that he suffered at the hands of the previously mentioned Holloway. It was also his first victory by finish since 2013 when he defeated Chan Sung Jung at UFC 163.
This will surely be Renato Moicano’s toughest test to date and should be no walk in the park for Jose Aldo either. As for the rest of the great night of fights, the current lineup can be seen below (not all bouts have been officially announced):
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Raphael Assunção vs. Marlon Moraes
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Jose Aldo vs Renato Moicano
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
- Strawweight – 115lbs: Alexa Grasso vs. Marina Rodriguez
- Welterweight: Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Rogério Bontorin vs. Magomed Bibulatov
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: Junior Albini vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy
- Flyweight: Taila Santos vs. Mara Romero Borella
- Welterweight: Bryan Barberena vs. Vicente Luque
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Justin Ledet vs. Johnny Walker
- Bantamweight: Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Markus Perez vs. Anthony Hernandez
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 12/12/2018This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM