Upon the initial announcement of the next strawweight title fight which takes place at UFC 237, it was originally to be the co-main event. That is no longer the case.
Without announcing what would be the UFC 237 main event when this fight was announced, it created speculation for many as to what would end up being the night’s headliner.
It was a very safe assumption that the idea was to get current featherweight and bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes to defend one of her titles. However, nothing ended up coming to fruition for the first ever female double champ.
Without a Nunes title fight, UFC 237 is still looking to be great card for the Brazil faithful. Especially with one of their best looking to secure gold.
The rest of the current UFC 237 lineup consists of multiple MMA legends and tons of hot prospects ready to further establish themselves. Check out the card as it currently sits below.
- Strawweight – 115lbs: (C)Rose Namajunas vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Featherweight – 145lbs: José Aldo vs. Alexander Volkanovski
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Jared Cannonier vs. Anderson Silva
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Ryan Spann
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Thiago Alves vs. Laureano Staropoli
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Bethe Correia vs. Irene Aldana
- Bantamweight: Talita Bernardo vs. Jessica-Rose Clark
- Flyweight – 125lbs: Wu Yanan vs. Luana Carolina
- Lightweight – 155lbs: BJ Penn vs. Clay Guida
- Bantamweight: Raoni Barcelos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
- Welterweight: Warlley Alves vs. Alberto Mina
Learn how to watch UFC 237 here
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 3/18/2019