Dana White refutes reports of $15 million offer to Khabib Nurmagomedov

Khabib Nurmagomedov, Dana White

Earlier this week, Alex Nurmagomedov, the uncle of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, told Russia’s Sport Express that the champion had already been offered a $15 million payday for an eventual rematch with Conor McGregor. Uncle Nurmagomedov also also divulged that the champion wanted to fight Tony Ferguson next, and then retire from MMA.

“From the start, they offered him 15 million if he agrees,” Alex Nurmagomedov said (via MMAjunkie). “But Khabib said no. Let Conor stand in line, let him fight with others. Khabib wants to fight Ferguson, and then finish his career.”

“We planned [a Ferguson fight], but it can pass only if Khabib remains in the UFC,” he added. “Many organizations with large prize funds offered him to sign a contract: Bellator, Akhmat, Fight Night. If Khabib remains in the UFC, then in April or May there will be a battle with Ferguson.”

Apparently, however, these claims are untrue.

Speaking on Instagram on Tuesday, UFC President Dana White assured that reports of a $15 payday are inaccurate.

View this post on Instagram

This story is Number 1 BULLSHIT.

A post shared by Dana White (@danawhite) on

“This story is Number 1 BULLSHIT,” White said on Instagram.

Interestingly, Khabib Nurmagomedov confirmed this remark from Dana White in the comments for this post.

“Everything went out of control,” Nurmagomedov said. “Too much bullshit news.”

So, it seems that there was no $15 million offer to Khabib Nurmagomedov after all. What that means for a potential rematch between the champ and Conor McGregor, however, remains to be seen.

With his win over Conor McGregor, Nurmagomedov improved his overall record to an incredible 27-0. He’s currently awaiting a suspension and fine from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for his role in UFC 229’s infamous post-fight brawl.

This article first appeared on BJPENN.COM on 10/17/2018.