As the week goes on, the UFC 232 chaos begins to settle down as things get re-set and confirmed for the new venue in Los Angeles rather than Las Vegas.
Currently, fighters on the card are now in Las Vegas where the card was originally to take place but they will be heading to Los Angeles tomorrow.
One of the bigger concerns for the fighters specifically with the event location change was how it could affect their weight cuts. California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) executive officer Andy Foster confirmed today (via MMAFighting) that the weigh-in window on Friday morning will be extended from two hours to three hours. Meaning fighters will have from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM local time to make sure they tip the scale at their scheduled fight’s weight.
The reason for the whole event relocation in the first place was due to an “atypical finding” in one of Jon Jones’ drug tests leading up to the fight which contained the same metabolite that was found in his last test failure post-UFC 214 in July 2017. Because of this, the Nevada State Athletic Commission would not license Jones to compete.
Jones, of course, is one half of the UFC 232 main event as he will be rematching Alexander Gustafsson for the to be vacant light heavyweight title.
Along with the weigh-in extension, there has been a change in the main event’s referee as well. Originally slated to officiate, Herb Dean has suffered an injury meaning he won’t be able to work the fight. Veteran referee Mike Beltran will be replacing him.
As for the rest of the card, everything is good to go for now. Here’s what’s on tap for Saturday night.
Main Card (PPV, 10:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM PST)
- Light Heavyweight – 205lbs: (C) – Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- Featherweight – 145lbs: (C)Cris Cyborg vs. (BW C)Amanda Nunes
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Carlos Condit vs. Michael Chiesa
- Light Heavyweight: Ilir Latifi vs. Corey Anderson
- Featherweight: Chad Mendes vs. Alexander Volkanovski
Preliminary Card (FS1, 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST)
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: Andrei Arlovski vs. Walt Harris
- Featherweight: Cat Zingano vs. Megan Anderson
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Petr Yan
- Lightweight – 155lbs: BJ Penn vs. Ryan Hall
Fight Pass Prelims (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 PM EST / 3:15 PM PST)
- Bantamweight: Andre Ewell vs. Nathaniel Wood
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Uriah Hall vs. Bevon Lewis
- Welterweight: Curtis Millender vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Bantamweight: Brian Kelleher vs. Montel Jackson
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 12/26/2018This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM