UFC Sacramento has been building up very nicely over the recent weeks and now we know what will likely be its headliner.
MMA Junkie has reported that a top contender match-up in the bantamweight division has been verbally agreed to for the July 13 main event between the former UFC featherweight champion, “The Iron Lady,” Germaine de Randamie (8-3) and rising undefeated 24-year old contender, Aspen Ladd (8-0).
For the unbeaten Ladd, this will undeniably be her toughest test to date as she’ll enter in fresh off of a fight of the night performance that saw her leave with her second career unanimous decision win over Sijara Eubanks at UFC Rochester two weeks ago. Eubanks remains the only opponent that Ladd hasn’t been able to finish (five KO/TKOs, one submission).
The inaugural 145-pound UFC titleholder in de Randamie, on the other hand, last fought in November 2018 at UFC Denver when she returned to the bantamweight division for the first time since moving up to featherweight where she defeated Holly Holm for the title.
The high-level striker would get a unanimous decision nod over the recent title challenger, Raquel Pennington.
As for the rest of UFC Sacramento, it’s likely very close to – if not finalized with now a 13 fight line-up.
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Germaine de Randamie vs Aspen Ladd
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Josh Emmett vs. Mirsad Bektić
- Bantamweight: Urijah Faber vs Ricky Simon
- Featherweight: Andre Fili vs. Sheymon Moraes
- Strawweight – 115lbs: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Livia Renata Souza
- Featherweight: Darren Elkins vs. Ryan Hall
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Marvin Vettori vs. Cezar Ferreira
- Light heavyweight – 205lbs: Gian Villante vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Middleweight: Karl Roberson vs. John Phillips
- Bantamweight: Sara McMann vs. Nicco Montaño
- Bantamweight: Pingyuan Liu vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Bantamweight: Benito Lopez vs. Martin Day
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 5/29/2019