Tomorrow night, International Fight Week will draw to a dramatic conclusion with UFC 226, one of the best UFC cards in recent memory.
The card will be headlined by a bona fide superfight, as UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns to his former haunts in the heavyweight division to battle dominating heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic.
The co-main event, meanwhile, will also occur at heavyweight, where recent title challenger Francis Ngannou will look to get back on track against fellow knockout artist Derrick Lewis. This fight was promoted to the co-main event spot after UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway was forced out of his co-main event title fight with Brian Ortega.
The rest of the main card will be rounded out by a lightweight bout between former champ Anthony Pettis and Michael Chiesa, a light heavyweight bout between kickboxing legend Gokhan Saki and Khalil Rountree, and a welterweight bout between polarizing knockout artist Mike Perry and short-notice replacement Paul Felder.
The undercard, finally, will be populated by big names like Uriah Hall, Paulo Costa, Dan Hooker, Gilbert Burns, Raphael Assuncao, Rob Font, and many others.
On Friday afternoon, the 22 fighters on the stacked UFC 226 bill to the scales to weigh in for the respective battles. Unfortunately, this weigh-in was marred by one major hiccup, as Michael Chiesa missed weight, tipping the scales at 157.7, 1.7 pounds above the 156-pound limit for non-title lightweight bouts.
At the weigh-ins, Chiesa assured this would be his last fight at lightweight.
Interestingly, Cormier also weighed in heavier than Miocic, while heavyweight contender Alexander Volkov also made a surprise visit to the scale. Volkov weighed in in the event that Cormier or Miocic can’t compete.
Here are the full UFC 226 weigh-in results, via MMAJunkie:
The Main Card | 10:00 PM ET on Pay-Per-View
- Champ Stipe Miocic (242.5) vs. champ Daniel Cormier (246) – heavyweight title fight
- Derrick Lewis (264.5) vs. Francis Ngannou (253)
- Paul Felder (170) vs. Mike Perry (170.5)
- Michael Chiesa (157.5)* vs. Anthony Pettis (156)
- Khalil Rountree (205) vs. Gokhan Saki (206)
The Prelims | 8:00 PM ET on FS1
- Paulo Costa (185.5) vs. Uriah Hall (185.5)
- Raphael Assuncao (136) vs. Rob Font (135.5)
- Drakkar Klose (156) vs. Lando Vannata (156)
- Max Griffin (170.5) vs. Curtis Millender (170.5)
The Early Prelims | 7:00 PM ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Gilbert Burns (155.5) vs. Dan Hooker (155.5)
- Jamie Moyle (116) vs. Emily Whitmire (116)
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 7/5/2018.